Thursday 2nd April 2020
Today’s task is linked to adjectives. Watch the little clip about adjectives to help you.
Youtube clip to watch https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S2vgjNoE4Xs
Wednesday 1st April
Read the story Ronald the Rhino again - see yesterday and Monday for the story.
Tuesday 31st March 2020
Ronald the Rhino: Please read the story
Monday 30th March 2020
CTask - Answer the questions about the story.
You can talk to an adult about your answers or write the answers down.
1. Who is the main character? The main character is ...
2. What does the rhino have at the front of his head? At the front of his head he has ..
3. What other animals does Ronald the rhino meet? Ronald the rhino meets ......
4. Why is Ronald sad at the start of the story? Ronald is sad at the start because ...
5. What character sits high in the trees? .......... sits high in the trees.
6. How does the rhino feel at the end of the story? Explain why. The rhino feels ......... at the end because ...........
Enjoy sharing the story together. Read it as many times as you want!
Watch the online story below, then tell someone at home what the story was about, what you liked about the story and what you didn't like about the story.
Follow the link below, focus on the games in phase 2 and the phase 3 sections.
Your task today is to complete 30 minutes on either IDL (your log in is in the pack) or phonics play (you will find the log in at the bottom of this page.
Look at the sentences below, re-write them with a capital letter in the correct place.
1. the boy jumped in the water.
2. johnny could not believe his eyes at the sight of the boy's very large hands.
3. i am in the middle of the ocean.
4. the boy was hitting the ball.
Sentence writing skills.
- Use the below verbs to complete and write your own sentences.
- You need to choose the most suitable words to fit the sentence and then write your own.
jumping, playing, hitting, bouncing
1. The boy is _____ .
2. The boy ___ _______.
3. The __ ___ _______.
4. __ ____ __ ________.
Using the picture, explain your answers to an adult.
1. What is the boy doing in the picture?
2. What could his name be?
3. Where is the boy?
Look at the picture.
Think and write down as many adjectives (describing words) you can think of for this picture.
Choose 3 of your adjectives.
Use the adjectives to write 3 sentences about the picture. Say the sentence out loud to someone in your house.
The boy looked like a giant next to the city.
Task 1 - Phonics
Log on to https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
Use the free log in
Explore the games in the 'phase 2' and 'phase 3' section.
Which is your favourite game?